Address Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills
This course describes the skills and knowledge a vocational trainer or assessor requires to identify language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skill requirements of training and the work environment, and to use resources and strategies that meet the needs of the learner group.
The course applies to individuals who teach, train, assess and develop resources.
- 8 hours face-to-face
- Self-paced correspondence via hard-copy workbook and regular communication with an approved Aspen Medical Instructor
Successful participants will receive a Statement of Attainment for the following units of competency:
- TAELLN411 – Address Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills
There are no re-certification requirements with this course.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Analyse LLN requirements:
- Determine Language, Literacy and Numeracy skill requirements of the training specification
- Identify and analyse the Language, Literacy and Numeracy skill requirements essential to workplace performance
- Determine the Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills of the learner group from validated tools and other sources
- Select and use resources and strategies to address LLN skill requirements:
- Identify resources to support Language, Literacy and Numeracy skill development
- Use learning and assessment materials to support identified Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements, customising where necessary
- Apply learning support strategies in training delivery appropriate to Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements and learner group
- Determine assessment strategies appropriate to Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements and learner group
- Use specialist LLN support where required:
- Review course demands and learner profile to determine if specialist Language, Literacy and Numeracy support is required
- Access specialist Language, Literacy and Numeracy support where available
- Integrate specialist Language, Literacy and Numeracy support into training or assessment practice where required
- Evaluate effectiveness of learning support and assessment strategies in addressing LLN requirements:
- Seek feedback on learning support provided and assessment strategies used
- Evaluate learning support and assessment strategies used
- Determine areas for improvement based on evaluation
$200 per person.