Manage First Aid Services and Resources
The manage first aid services and resources course describes the skills and knowledge required to establish, maintain and facilitate the provision of appropriate first aid in the workplace.
The course applies to workers in nominated occupational first aid or management roles.
8 hours face-to-face
Successful participants will receive a Statement of Attainment for the following units of competency:
- HLTAID008 – Manage First Aid Services and Resources
There are no re-certification requirements with this course.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Determine workplace first aid requirements:
- Identify workplace hazards and assess associated risks as a basis for determining first aid resource requirements
- Identify first aid equipment, resources and personnel required to address workplace requirements
- Develop first aid action plans in consultation with relevant parties
- Provide information to encourage risk minimisation and enable access to first aid facilities
- Establish and maintain workplace first aid facilities:
- Monitor and maintain availability of first aid equipment, resources and personnel to support workplace first aid response
- Conduct regular inspections of stock and equipment to ensure currency and operational readiness in line with workplace requirements
- Ensure equipment is recovered and reprocessed and that waste is disposed of safely according to legislative and workplace procedures
- Ensure equipment and resources are stored and maintained in line with relevant legislation and manufacturer’s/supplier’s instructions
- Deploy appropriate equipment, resources and personnel to ensure timely and effective first aid response in line with workplace requirements
- Maintain workplace first aid records:
- Ensure documentation is completed as required according to legislation and workplace procedures
- Maintain first aid records in line with legislative requirements and workplace security practices
- Send relevant documents to appropriate bodies in line with workplace and legislative requirements
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information in line with privacy principles and statutory and/or organisational policies
- Review the provision of first aid in the workplace:
- Participate in debriefing/evaluation to improve future operations and address individual needs
- Evaluate management of workplace first aid incidents in relation to required resources, personnel, current organisational procedures and individual first aid action plans
- Contribute to the review of workplace policies and procedures in accordance with risk assessment and evaluation of first aid provision
Is a USI (Unique Student Identifier) Required?
Yes, a USI must be obtained in order to receive a Statement of Attainment as this is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
$150 per person.