Occupational First Aid Skill Set
This skill set has previously been referred to as an occupational first aid course and includes three units of competency which are required to be an occupational first aid officer within the workplace.
This skill set has been endorsed by industry as appropriate for people who are either employed in, or intending to become employed in nominated occupational first aider roles.
the Australian Resuscitation Council recommends HLTAID001 Provide CPR be renewed every 12 months (some positions/employers/ industry associations require that you renew your HLTAID001 Provide CPR every 12 months).
- There is no pre-requisite
- participants who are deemed competent upon completing all course requirements (theory and practical assessments) will receive a Statement of Attainment in:
- all participants must have a moderate level of English to be able to complete the course
- 32 hours face-to-face or 24 hours face-to-face and 8 hours eLearning
Participants will be provided with an assessment workbook, which contains the theory assessments and details of the practical assessments.
- the theory assessment consists of multiple-choice quizzes
- the practical assessment consists of practical exercises, workplace-based scenarios
- for further details of the assessments please refer to the course information for each individual Unit provided on our website
- Please refer to the course information for each individual Unit provided on our website