Provide Advanced Resuscitation
This course describes the skills and knowledge required to use specialised equipment in the provision of advanced resuscitation in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
This course applies to employees who may be required to use specialised equipment to provide resuscitation in a range of complex situations, include community and workplace settings.
- 8 hours face-to-face
- 4 hours face-to-face with the completion of pre-course eLearning
Successful participants will receive a Statement of Attainment for the following units of competency:
- HLTAID007 – Provide Advanced Resuscitation
- HLTAID001 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
It is recommended by the ARC that this course is refreshed on an annual basis.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Recognise an emergency situation
- Identify, assess and manage immediate hazards to health and safety of self and others
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for advanced resuscitation response
- Assess the situation and seek assistance from emergency response services where required
- Perform advanced resuscitation
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in accordance with ARC guidelines
- Provide supplemental oxygen
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty
- Obtain consent from casualty where possible
- Use available resources and equipment to make the casualty as comfortable as possible
- Monitor casualty condition and rectify issues preventing adequate treatment
- Communicate details of the incident
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency response services
- Report details of incident in line with organisational policies
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information in line with statutory and/or organisational policies
- Evaluate the incident and own performance
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers involved in critical incidents
- Participate in debriefing to address individual needs
- Check, maintain and clean equipment ready for future use
Is a USI (Unique Student Identifier) Required?
Yes, a USI must be obtained in order to receive a Statement of Attainment as this is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
$120 per person