Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
This course describes the skills and knowledge required to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in line with Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
- 4 hours face to face
- 2 hours face to face with the completion of pre-course eLearning
Successful participants will receive a Statement of Attainment for the following units of competency: HLTIAD001 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
It is recommended by the ARC that participants renew their CPR skills on an annual basis.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Respond to an emergency situation:
- Recognise an emergency situation
- Identify, assess and minimise immediate hazards to health and safety of self and others
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for CPR
- Seek assistance from emergency response services.
- Perform CPR procedures:
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation in accordance with ARC guidelines
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty
- Operate automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Communicate details of the incident:
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency response services
- Report details of incident to workplace supervisor as appropriate
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information in line with statutory and/or organisational policies.
Is a USI (Unique Student Identifier) Required?
Yes, a USI must be obtained in order to receive a Statement of Attainment as this is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
$55 per person.