Work with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Clients and Communities
This course describes the knowledge and skills required by a worker new to primary health care to work with Aboriginal or Torres Straits Islander clients and their communities effectively.
It enables the individual worker to understand the cultural and historical context surrounding issues facing Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander clients and communities in order to support the delivery of primary health care.
8 hours face to face training and assessment.
Successful participants will receive a Statement of Attainment for the following units of competency: HLTAHW001 Work with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Clients and Communities.
This unit of competency has no recertification requirements.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Work in the context of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander history:
- Consider and respect local and national historical factors when working with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and their communities
- Consider the impact of social, political, economic and environmental factors on Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and their health.
- Work in a culturally safe manner:
- Deliver services as directed in a culturally sensitive and safe manner and in line with organisation policies, regulatory requirements and community protocols
- Maintain confidentiality of client information regardless of personal, family and community pressures or status
- Consider and respect local community values, beliefs and gender roles when providing health care to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
Is a USI (Unique Student Identifier) Required?
Yes, a USI must be obtained in order to receive a Statement of Attainment as this is a nationally recognised unit of competency.
Price on Application.