Clinical Professional Development Workshop
Our Clinical Professional Development (PD) Workshop is a 2-day course that aims to provide all annual Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements for clinicians. It incorporates a number of courses including Advanced Life Support (ALS), manual handling, infection control and CPR.
Delivery options are also available should participants only require certain courses. For example, ALS training can be substituted for Mental Health First Aid.
- 2 days face-to-face
- 1 day options available
Multiple awards are issued depending on the course structure, however, the following awards are a minimum:
- HLTAID001 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTWHS005 – Perform Manual Tasks Safely
- CHCCCS019 – Recognise and Respond to Crisis Situations (where the Mental Health First Response Course is selected)
- Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Advanced Life Support Level 1 Certificate (Where the ALS Course is selected)
- Aspen Medical Statement of Attendance for the Clinical PD Workshop (20 hours of clinical professional development for registered nurses)
Recertification requirements vary depending on the courses undertaken:
- HLTAID001 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (the ARC recommend annual recertification)
- Advanced Life Support Level 1 course is valid for four years from date of completion
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Our standard course includes the following subjects:
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (plus pre-course eLearning)
- Manual Handling (plus pre-course eLearning)
- Reperfusion Injuries
- ECG Interpretation
You can elect to do either of the following full day programs:
- Mental Health First Response
- Advanced Life Support Level 1
Is a USI (Unique Student Identifier) Required?
If Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, or the Mental Health First Response units is undertaken then participants will require a USI.
- Two Day Program – $700 per person
- Day one program only – $400 per person
- Day two program only – $400 per person
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided at no extra cost.